- 1 recipe Relish Homemade Pizza Dough
- Cornmeal or semolina flour, as needed
- 2 tbsp Sarafino extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnishing and brushing crust
- ½ lb medium asparagus, shaved end to end with a sharp vegetable peeler
- 1 cup torn burrata cheese*
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, torn into 1-inch pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, cracked into separate small bowls, optional
- Place a pizza stone in the lower third of your oven, and preheat the oven to 500°. Allow the pizza stone to preheat for at least 30 minutes.
- Once your stone is preheated, start rolling out your dough. Dust work surface with flour. Flatten one dough ball to a thickness of ½-inch, and roll to desired diameter. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and cover with another piece of parchment and proceed with remaining dough.
- Dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or flour and place a dough round on the peel. Give the peel a little shake to make sure the dough moves freely and is not sticking. Lightly brush dough with olive oil, leaving ½-inch exposed around the edge. Top with shaved asparagus, burrata and prosciutto and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven and cook until the crust is crispy and the asparagus is lightly charred, about 8 minutes for an individual pizza.
- If topping your pizza with an egg, cook the pizza for 5 minutes or until 75 percent done. Quickly open the oven and pour the cracked egg right in the center of the pizza. Bake for 3 more minutes or until the egg white is opaque but the yolk is very soft to the touch. Remove the pizza from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let pizza rest for 1 to 2 minutes before cutting. Repeat the process with remaining dough and toppings.
- To serve: Garnish pizza with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, brush the crust with oil, sprinkle sea salt and serve.
Makes 2 12-inch pizzas or 4 6-inch individual pizzas