WATC Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
Hosting a crowd? Serve ‘em this MEATLOAF WITH BBQ SAUCE RECIPE! This is our new favourite way of preparing the main course that everyone seems to know. The big difference with this homemade meatloaf recipe is the way Weekend at the Cottage adds loads of memorable flavour by using their signature Weekend at the Cottage BBQ Sauce. Yup, wait until you try this easy MEATLOAF WITH BBQ SAUCE RECIPE!
This MEATLOAF WITH BBQ SAUCE RECIPE is perfection on a plate! Better still, the BBQ SAUCE is available for purchase at RELISH COOKING STUDIO.
(Recipe courtesy of of Nik Manojlovich from Weekend At The Cottage)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ⅓ cup WATC BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
⅓ cup WATC BBQ Sauce
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with the rack in the middle position.
- Prepare the vegetables: Melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet on medium heat. Coat the vegetables in the melted butter. Toss in pan for about 5 minutes or until veggies are soft and translucent. Remove from heat. Set aside and cool completely.
- Prepare the meatloaf mixture: Place the pork and beef in a large bowl. Add the BBQ SAUCE, oregano and Worcestershire sauce followed by the cooled vegetables, eggs, breadcrumbs and parsley. Mix together by hand. Transfer the meat mixture into a 9 x 13-inch glass casserole dish and shape into a loaf.
- Brush and bake: Stir BBQ SAUCE and tomato paste together in a small bowl then brush it across the top and sides of the meatloaf. Transfer to oven and bake for 60 - 70 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of the loaf should read 155°F or 62°C when done. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, slice and serve.
ITEMS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Main Course