- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach and kale
- 1 1/2 cups almond or other non-milk beverage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed tropical fruit, pineapple, mango and kiwi chunks
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp Organic Fair Turmeric Lemongrass Syrup OR 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Backyard Honey Company Honey, like Bee Boost honey
- In a blender, combine spinach/kale and almond milk. Blend well until smooth.
- Add the frozen fruit, ginger, lemon juice, Turmeric syrup or powder and honey. Continue to blend until completely smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more almond milk if desired.
Smoothie Health Benefits
- Kale and spinach contain mega doses of vitamin C plus they provide a powerful antioxident punch of calcium, folate and fibre to help boost immunity and sometimes even fight off infection.
- Mango, pineapple and kiwi and packed with vitamin C and help give this smoothie a sweet slurp. Mango has been shown to protect against cancer. A squeeze of purifying lemon juice just brightens everything up.
- To ward off even more cold bugs, we add some fresh ginger. Not only does it help with nausea, but it's proven to help with pain and inflammation - all the extras that come with the cold.
Extra Prep Tips
- If you are cut for time in the morning, here's an extra easy prep tip.... we like to portion the weeks frozen fruit into freezer safe bags (Stasher are our favourite). Be sure to write on the outside of the bag the recipe if you need a reminder.
- You can always use a combination of different fruits too. I have added peeled apple chunks. If you add the blue/red fruits in place of the tropical ones, just be aware that the smoothie will taste great, but it won't be the most visually appealing.
- When blending a smoothie, be sure to blend just the greens and almond milk together first really well before adding the other fruit. You don't want to get chunks green in your smoothie straw or in your teeth.
- Many smoothies add banana for creaminess but by simply adding frozen fruit it does the job as well. You can add some extra greens by adding frozen avocado.