- 1 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cooking onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 zucchini, about 10 cm long, trimmed and diced
- 2 cups corn (from 2 cobs)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup cream (35%), optional
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot, heat the butter or oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook 1 minute longer until the garlic starts to turn colour.
- Add zucchini and corn. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, cooking for 10 to 15 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender; puree the soup until smooth. Add the cream (optional) and smoked paprika (optional) if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, add a little more stock.
Relish Recommends These Tools For This Recipe: