- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups cherry/grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded aged Cheddar or Swiss cheese, optional
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (best to thaw overnight and kept cold in refrigerator until ready to use)
- 4 tbsp basil pesto, Rose Harissa pesto or Favuzzi mushroom puree
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled or finely grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, tomatoes oregano, thyme leaves, minced garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Unroll sheet of puff pastry and cut into 4 equal square. Spread each square with 1 tbsp pesto, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the outside. Sprinkle with Cheddar, if using, then arrange tomatoes over the cheese. Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and cheese has melted. Sprinkle the crumbled goats cheese/Parmesan over top. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy.
Tips For Working With Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets:
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry preferably overnight in the refrigerator. If you forget, don't worry. It thaws within an hour at room temperature. But NEVER thaw it in the microwave.
- Unfold your pastry only when it's fully thawed. The sheets come in rolls and it's important to make sure it's fully thawed before you unroll them. If it starts to crack while unfolding, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Chill the pastry again before baking. If you want a little extra assurance that your puff pastry will really puff, pop it into the fridge while the oven preheats. This step gives the butter an extra chance to re-solidify to get an even better result.
Relish Products You Will Want To Use To Make This Recipe: