- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans, walnuts, pistachios or a combo
- 1/2 cup rice Krispies, puffed quinoa or puffed rice, optional
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, cherries or other dried fruits such as apricots or dates
- Optional Add-ins: Cacao nibs (added in the last few minutes of baking), chia seeds, hemp seeds or chocolate chips (added only once granola has cooled)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, nuts, rice Krispies (if using), pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla; mix well then pour over oat mixture and stir until everything is well coated with oil mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring once halfway through until mixture is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before adding in the dried fruit and any optional Add-ins you wish. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
With the kids going back to school, it's time for us to get our kitchens organized. Read Sandra's blog post on How To Organize Your Fridge - A Six Step Guide.