Want to learn more about pesto? Join our Pesto Pronto class on Saturday September 10, 11 - 12:30 pm. LINK HERE to join.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Sarafino extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- In a food processor or blender, pulse nuts until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the garlic and pulse until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add the basil and a pinch of kosher or sea salt and pulse a few times until the leaves break down and a bright green paste forms.
- Remove from the food processor/blender and place in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and cheese until fully incorporated. Taste and season with additional salt if necessary. See our perfect storage suggestions below.
Makes 1 cup
Storage: Store leftover pesto in the refrigerator covered in a layer of oil. For longer term storage freeze in ice cube or freezer trays covered with plastic wrap. Pesto won't retain it's bright green colour in the freezer but it retains all the beautiful flavour.
You Might Like These Items For Storing Pesto
Tovolo Garlic Freezer Trays $18.99
Weck Mold Jars From $9.99