From Best of Bridge - 5 Ingredient Suppers, Robert Rose Publishing, 2020
- 12 oz bowtie pasta (375 g)
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil, divided
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup basil pesto*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp is almost cooked through and opaque; transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil and cook tomatoes for 1 minute. Add shrimp, pesto and pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper if desired and add some of the pasta water if pasta seems dry.
- Divide pasta onto 4 plates and sprinkle each with cheese.
Makes 4 servings
Cooks Tip: Salted the pasta water seasons the pasta for better flavour.
Substitution: Instead of basil pesto, try using our Belazu Rose Harissa Pesto in this recipe.