The latest release from the Best Of Bridge: 5 Ingredient Cooking series features recipes that use no more than - you guessed it - 5 ingredients. Co-author Emily Richards lead a virtual class in which participants made three unique dishes. Scanning through the book we decided to share this recipe for their Lentil Bowl. January is a good month to start fresh with your cooking routine and we are highlighting plant-based recipes. This one features Za'atar - a Middle Eastern seasoning mix that has always been a popular ingredient in our Middle Eastern classes. Sprinkle it on pita bread brushed with olive oil and bake in the oven for a cripsy pita cracker or use it on top of hummus drizzled with a little olive oil. Za'atar will never go to waste!
- 3 tbsp Za'atar spice mix
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 EACH salt and black pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed (2 cups)
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine Za'atar, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Into four bowls, divide and arrange the lentils, avocado and tomatoes; sprinkle each with chees. Drizzle each bowl with Za'atar dressing. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
You Might Also Like These Items
The Avocado Sock: Ripen your avocados quickly with The Avocado Sock. Knit with 100% wool, the natural lanolin and warmth of the wool ripens avocados evenly and gently and faster than a paper bag.
Other Best Of Bridge Cookbooks