Here's a simple and easy way to use up some holiday leftovers and make a few frozen quiches for later in the winter to heat and serve.
- Pastry for 9-inch single crust pie (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Horseradish Sauce or cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg, Gouda or Gruyere cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried sage or poultry seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges, if desired.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown on edges.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375 F. Remove weights and paper, and spread cranberry sauce over bottom of pastry. Add chopped turkey; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and sage/poultry seasoning, if using. Gently pour over cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Quiche can be refrigerated for up to 3 days
Serves 4 to 6
To Freeze: Bake as directed. Allow quiche to cool completely, then wrap in foil and place in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Additional Equipment Recommended For This Recipe: