This recipe comes from Dairy Farmers of Canada. A delicious clafouti is a great way to showcase good juicy apples. This recipe is hard to resist, especially when topped with a generous dollop of whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Easy to prepare, you'll want to serve it often.
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario apples (Courtland, Spartan, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith), peeled, cored and cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cups (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- Butter a 9-inch (23 cm) square or round baking pan.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and sauté until tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer apples to baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and flour. Add milk, vanilla and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over apples and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and broil until golden brown. According to taste, serve warm or cold, with custard or ice cream.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE ITEMS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE