Yellow wax beans compliment this salad so nicely. It's colourful, refreshing and delicious.
- ¾ lb wax green beans, trimmed
- ¾ lb wax yellow beans, trimmed
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 tsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Additional olive oil
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook beans for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove from hot water and immediately plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking. Drain on towel lined plate. (Beans can be done ahead, wrapped in paper towel and refrigerated for up to two days.)
- In a bowl, combine chopped tomato, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spread beans out onto a platter and top with tomato mixture. Garnish with fresh basil and crumbled feta. Give the salad another good drizzle of olive oil and seasoning of salt and pepper before serving.