BARELY COUSCOUS SALAD WITH ROSE HARISSA
Barley couscous is a nutty high fibre couscous with a bit of bite and a much heartier flavour than its hard wheat counterpart. Mixed with Belazu Rose Harissa (a favourite of our on our store shelf), plus dried fruits high in iron and nuts it makes the perfect healthy summer salad, bright with Middle Eastern flavours.
- 1¼ cups Belazu barley couscous
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Belazu Rose Harissa or Belazu Rose Harissa Pesto
- ¼ cup goji berries*
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup roasted pistachos, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. In a pot, bring stock and harissa to a boil; immediately pour over couscous, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to fluff.
- Add goji berries, raisins, pistachios and parsley. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
*Available in health food stores or in the healthy food aisle of the grocery store.