Tagliatelle with Mushrooms & Peas
Posted by Maria Burjoski on
This classic Italian recipe uses the pasta water to create a creamy, simple pasta sauce. So be sure to SAVE THE WATER before draining the pasta entirely.
- 1/2 lb dried tagliatelle or pappardelle pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 6 oz/170 g shiitake, cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup baby peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup marscapone cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, about 9 to 11 minutes
- In a large non-stick pan, heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and add the white wine or stock, cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook about 1 minute.
- When the pasta is ready, use a slotted spoon to pull it out of the water. Transfer it directly to the mushroom and pea mixture. Add a little pasta water, as necessary, to allow the pasta to move freely and easily around the pan.
- Cook together for 1- 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the mascarpone, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
RELISH RECOMMENDED TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE