A gathering of favourite fresh veggies tossed in olive oil and a flavourful seasoning from the Weekend At The Cottage collection, then oven-roasted to perfection…
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 red bell peppers
- 4 tsp WATC Potato & Veggie Seasoning (2 tsp per lb of veggies)
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- To serve:
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped herbs (such as thyme, oregano, parsley, rosemary)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Garlicky Sun-Dried Tomato Dip:
- 4 tsp WATC Garlicky Sun-Dried Tomato Dip mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place oven racks in the top and middle positions. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and rinse all vegetables under cool water before you begin.
- Roast dense vegetables: Divide dense vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, parsnips, kohlrabi and onions in half. Rub with oil and sprinkle with WATC Potato & Veggie Seasoning, about 2 teaspoons per pound of vegetables. Arrange on baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake for 40 minutes, testing doneness at 30 minutes.
- NOTE: If you’re including less-dense vegetables to the medley, add them to the same baking sheet at the 20 minute mark.
- Roast less-dense vegetables: Cut or pluck less-dense vegetables such as peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, beans and mushrooms into small equal pieces. Place in bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with WATC Potato & Veggie Seasoning, about 2 teaspoons per pound of vegetables, and toss to combine. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading out in an even layer. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or longer, until desired consistency is achieved.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tsp Garlicky Sun-Dried Tomato Dip mix with sour cream and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside.
- To serve: Transfer roasted veggies to serving plate or platter. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs. Serve with lemon wedges and Garlicky Sun-Dried Tomato Dip. Vegetables can also be dotted with a dollop of dip.
- Serve as a complete vegetarian meal or pair as a side with a favourite main course.