This has always been our #1 recipe on our website. It's time to share it once again. You can't go through a rhubarb season without making this pie at least once.
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Topping: In a bowl, combine flour with sugar. Pour in melted butter and mix with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Filling: Arrange rhubarb in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust. In a bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, sour cream and flour until smooth. Pour over fruit.
- Crumble reserved topping over the fruit filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and continue to bake for about 40 minutes until pastry edge is puffed, filling is slightly jiggly and topping is golden.
- Transfer to baking rack and let cool completely before serving.
Serves 8 (unless you eat the entire pie yourself!)