Clean-Out Refrigerator Frittata
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
REFRIGERATOR CLEAN OUT FRITTATA
PREP TIME: 20 minutes COOK TIME: 15 mInutes Serves 4-6
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated, shredded or crumbled cheese (any kind you have)
- 1/4 cup cream (any kind you have)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices bacon, chopped (or any other cooked meat e.g.: chicken, pork, beef)
- 2 small potatoes, cooked and chopped (or 1 cup cooked pasta noodles or rice, dried bread cubes)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups mixed raw vegetables (onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, again, whatever you have on hand)
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups packed sliced greens (Swiss chard leaves, baby spinach, arugula)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, using a fork, mix together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Don't overmix, the eggs should be combined but still very thick. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet (or cast iron), cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. (If using other meat in this recipe, skip this step and heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan). Once bacon is crisp, transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon but keep 1 tbsp fat from pan.
- Add potatoes and raw vegetables (whatever mix of them you are using) and cook stirring for 5 to 10 minutes, adding oil if needed until moisture released from vegetables are browned. Add cooked meat (or cooked bacon) at this point if using and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer to warm through.
- Add a little more oil to pan and add greens and cook stirring until greens have wilted and moisture has evaporated.
- Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in egg mixture, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook without stirring until bottom is set, about 5 minutes. Keep your heat at medium and not too high.
- Transfer frypan to preheated oven and bake until egg is barely set, about 10 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove from oven. Cut into wedges and serve.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Breakfasts, Egg, frittata, Main Course