- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating grill pan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- To prepare marinade: In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine the honey, cilantro, ginger, lemon zest, orange juice and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; set aside.
- To cook shrimp: Prepare a medium-high charcoal fire, preheat a gas grill to medium-high or heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the pan with a thin coating of oil using a silicone pastry brush.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, carefully place them on the grill, and sear on both sides. Turn once with tongs or a fish spatula, until no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on size of shrimp.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to a medium bowl, toss with marinade. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Transfer the cooked shrimp to warmed plates and serve immediately.