- 4 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 4 lemons, juiced (about 1 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a blender, place strawberries and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth. Strain using a fine, mesh strainer , if desired. Combine strawberry mixture with lemon juice.
- In a small jar, combine sugar and 1/2 water. Stir or shake sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a 2-quart pitcher, combine strawberry juice mixture and about 3/4 of the sugar/water mixture. Fill the pitcher halfway with ice. Add 4 to 5 cups of cold water and stir.
- Add more sugar mixture if desired. Serve cold.
Makes 8 cups