Whiskey Sauce For Christmas Pudding
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
Donna-Marie grew up in a very British household, so Christmas pudding with Whiskey Sauce was always on the menu for dessert. Whether it's Sticky Toffee Pudding or just ice cream, this delicious sauce is the finishing touch to an elegant holiday dessert.
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Scotch whiskey (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Bring sugar, cream, and butter to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in scotch whiskey, if using, and vanilla. (DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-warm gently before using.)
- Serve warm over steamed Christmas pudding.
Makes about 2 cups sauce
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Desserts, Side Dishes