- 1.2 kg (about 8 cups) washed and hulled or stemmed mixed berries (see note below)
- 675 g (3 1/4 cups +2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar and lemon juice and macerate (let stand) for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 week covered in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the jars ( CLICK HERE to downloaded instructions).
- Transfer the mixture to a pot or preserving pan. Heat on medium-high heat and bring to a hard boil, stirring frequently.
- When the setting point is reached (see page 23) remove from the heat and pour into prepared jars to within 1/4 to 1/8-inch of the rim. Wipe the rims if necessary, seal and invert for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip right side up and let jam sit undisturbed, for 24 hours.
Makes five 250 mL/8 oz jars
Note: I leave most of the berries whole, but if the strawberries are large I smoosh them by hand once they are macerated. - Camilla