Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
Recipes from Today's Everyday Slow Cooker - 100 Easy & Delicious Recipes by Donna-Marie Pye
- 2 tbsp melted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry paste or tikka curry paste
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can (354 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 can (156 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Hot cooked basmati rice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, cook 1 tbsp butter until just beginning to brown. Add 1 tbsp curry paste, ginger, cumin and paprika; cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in evaporated milk, tomato paste and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the remaining butter to the slow cooker stoneware and swirl to coat the bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, yogurt and the remaining curry paste. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hour or on HIGH for 3 hours until juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Stir in lime juice. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro and cashews.
Serves 4 to 6
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: cookbook, Main Course, Slow Cooker