Download Recipe Card
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste, or more to taste
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Finely chopped fresh mint or Thai basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Using wet hands, shape beef into 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared rimmed baking sheet. Bake in over for 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook until it releases its aromas, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and peanut butter. Cook and stir to get a smooth, uniform consistency, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and more curry paste, if desired. Add meatballs to pan and simmer over low heat until they are hot. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with mint or Thai basil.