The Lazy Gourmet's Jerk Chicken Naan Pizza
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
After all the holiday entertaining, I like to take stock of what's in my freezer as well as give myself a break from cooking - or allow myself to be a "lazy gourmet" for January. This quick and easy pizza is made using store-bought naan bread, Phlippens Jerk Sauce and an array of veggies from my fridge. We also give you alternative ideas for a Butter Chicken or Vegetarian versions at the end of the recipe.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup Phlippens Jerk Sauce or your favourite store-bought jerk sauce
- 3 whole grain naan flatbreads (4 to 5 oz/113 to 142 g EACH)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place baking stone in oven to preheat, if using. Or place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a non-stick skillet, add chopped bacon and cook over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Return pan back to stove-top and drain off all but 2 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Add yellow and red pepper slices and red onion to pan. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are softened. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces to pan and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Add Phlillpen's Jerk Sauce to pan and toss to coat and warmed through.
- To assemble pizza's, spread jerk mixture over naan bread. Sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken followed by the vegetable mixture and bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully slide pizzas directly onto baking stone, if using, or directly onto the middle oven rack. Bake for about 10 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove pizzas from oven, sprinkle with green onion and serve hot.
Makes 6 servings
The Ultimate Butter Chicken Naan Pizza: If jerk chicken isn't your scene, replace the jerk sauce with prepared butter chicken sauce. Replace chopped green onion with freshly chopped cilantro.
Vegetarian Version: Omit bacon and use olive oil. Substitute quartered button mushrooms for chicken.
For a less spicy version: Substitute any Phlippens Smoked Sauce for the Jerk Sauce
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Appetizers, Pizza, Vegetarian