- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb), cut into thirds, lengthwise (we like 1 green and 1 yellow)
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb), cut into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch thick rounds
- 8 oz crusty country-style bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp Sarafino olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano) + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Preheat grill to medium (or use a grill pan for indoor cooking).
- Brush both sides of zucchini, eggplant, onion and bread slices with olive oil (you will probably need about 3 tbsp). Season the vegetables and bread with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables, turning once until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill the bread until lightly charred in spots, about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in bottom of a salad bowl, whisk vinegar and garlic together. Slowly whisk in 4 tbsp olive oil. When the vegetables and bread are cool enough to handle, cut them into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl along with the herbs. Toss to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with crumbled feta, if using and more chopped herbs.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Bread, Cooking with Fresh Herbs, How To Grill Cross Marks, squash, vegan, Vegetarian