With Earth Day around the corner, we couldn't be any more conscious of how our actions are impacting our world right now. We've added hemp seeds to this herb-forward pesto instead of nuts for a power packed pasta dish that is as delicious as it is healthy.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups lightly packed parsley (including stems)
- 1/2 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; reserving 1/2 cup of the cooling liquid.
- Hemp Pesto: Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse together basil, parsley, hemp seeds, garlic, salt and pepper gradually add oil and vinegar to this steady stream until smooth.
- Scrape into a large bowl; stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Makes 6 servings