Kick start the new year, with with healthy and flavourful dish. Any firm flesh fish would be a great substitute for salmon; try black cod, arctic Char, or trout. Green cabbage is a nice substitution if bok choy is unavailable.
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Four (4 - 6oz) salmon fillet, skin on
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lb bok choy, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To a small bowl, add all marinade ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Transfer salmon fillets, skin side down to a rimmed baking sheet. Pour ½ cup of marinade over salmon and let marinate while you are preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy, and pepper to the baking sheet with the salmon and pour over remaining marinade, gently tossing to coat. Transfer to preheated oven and roast until salmon is cooked and vegetables are tender and edges are crisped, about 20 minutes. Stir vegetables halfway through roasting and baste with pan juices.
- To serve: Divide salmon and vegetables between 4 warmed plates and garnish with sliced green onions; serve immediately.