Cranberry Spiced Snack Mix
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Horseradish Sauce, Cranberry Sauce with Port, Orange Cranberry Marmalade or Christmas Marmalade or Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups Shreddies cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mixed nuts or walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275 F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, cranberry sauce or jelly of choice over medium heat, stirring until butter has melted and mixture has combined. Whisk in chili powder, garlic salt and kosher salt and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels, cranberries and mixed nuts. Pour the jam-butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to combine well.
- Divide mixture evenly across the two baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, tossing every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon. The mixture will crisp as it cools. Once cool, serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Makes about 10 cups
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Appetizers, baking, Holiday Baking, Snacks, Vegetarian