Baked Salmon with Maple-Mustard Crust
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
This easy 4-ingredient recipe was originally featured in 2020. It's so good and so simple to make, we couldn't resist putting it up again. Salmon is one of our go-to weeknight meals and the crust is a perfect balance of sweet and savoury. We know you'll enjoy it as much as we do! (Updated March 2022)
- 1 lb whole salmon filet, skin on, or pieces
- Kosher or sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sarafino Golden Maple Syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp Sarafino Lemon Dill, Maple, Apple, Whole Grain or Apple Raw & Sprouted Mustard
- Preheat oven or barbecue to 375 F or medium high.
- Place salmon, skin side down on a piece of parchment paper or foil (if grilling) and lay on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together maple syrup and mustard. Generously coat salmon with mustard using the brush or the back of a spoon.
- Oven Instructions: Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Barbecue Instructions: Place foil on preheated grill. Cover with lid and grill until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Note: Individual filets of salmon will cook faster than a whole filet.
Recipe Adapted From Syliva Fontaine, Feasting At Home