Ricotta Tart with Balsamic Strawberries
Posted by Donna-Marie Pye on
1 pre-made pastry round to fit a 9-inch single crust pie
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp liquid honey
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tsp lemon zest
1 1/4 lbs strawberries, stemmed and halved lengthwise
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey or sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out pastry to a 9 1/2-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Carefully transfer the dough to a 9-inch (23-cm) tart pan with a removable bottom, press it into the bottom and up the sides of the pan, and trim off the excess dough; use the scraps to fill in any gaps, if needed. Refrigerate the tart shell for 10 minutes.
- Prick the bottom of the dough in several places with a fork, then line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the crust starts to turn golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove the parchment and weights and continue baking until the crust is deep golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Strawberries: In a bowl, combine strawberries, vinegar and honey; toss gently. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Filling: To make the filling, in the clean bowl of the electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the cream, honey and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. With the mixer running on medium speed, slowly add the ricotta and beat until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the lemon zest. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the ricotta filling in the cooled tart shell. Top with the strawberries and accumulated juices. Cut the tart into slices and serve.
You Might Also Like These Items