YOUTH SUMMER CAMP (AGES 10 – 14): The Homemade Buzzfeed Tasty Camp
If your child tests positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of this event or are showing symptoms, we ask that they do not attend. We will issue you a store credit for a future class.
Ignite your kids passion for cooking in our 1-week half-day cooking camp learning how to prepare dishes that Buzzfeed declares "dishes that all beginner cooks should make at least once" .
According to Buzzfeed, "there are some foods that you probably always buy from the grocery store or order at a restaurant. But there are other dishes that just hit different when they're homemade" and we couldn't agree more! So this week, everyone is learning to cook from scratch recipes featuring local ingredients. Kids will learn valuable chopping skills, kitchen organization, safety and cleanliness plus acquire important tips and insights so they can begin to cook confidently at home.
Cost includes all food supplies including their “own-made” lunch and snacks. Space is limited. (This camp is not ideal for children with gluten, dairy or nut allergies/sensitivities.)
Camp runs from 9 am till 12 pm Monday - Friday daily.
- Camp registrations will be limited to 8 campers and 2 instructors;
- There will be shared cooking stations and ingredients;
- Proper hygiene is of utmost importance. Hand sanitizer will be provided at each cooking station and campers will be washing their hands regularly throughout the camp.
- At the end of each day, each cooking station and each cooking surface will be sanitized using food-safe sanitizer;
- We would ask if your child is feeling unwell in any way that you please keep them at home.