Ignite your teen’s passion for cooking in our half-day 3 part series cooking camp learning how to prepare classic French dishes.
In our three-day cooking series teens ages 13 to 17 experiment hands-on with simple yet sophisticated French-inspired menus that they’ll enjoy recreating at home. Working with many local and international ingredients, they will learn the basics of cooking and baking techniques, menu planning, and organizing prep work. We will explore how to make dishes such as Steak Frites (Steak & Fries), Veloute de Legumes (Creamy Vegetable Soup) and Poulet Roti (Classic Roast Chicken) plus create classic French baked good such as Macarons a l’ancienne, Eclairs, Profiteroles and Creme Brûlée. Camp runs from 11 am till 2 pm. Cost is $65 per day. If you sign up for all three days, students will receive a copy of “In The French Kitchen With Kids” by Mardi Michels,. Space is limited.
Parents: We are not a nut-free facility. This camp uses lots of dairy (butter. cream) and eggs. We are sorry but there are NO substitutions.
- Veloute de Legumes (Creamy Vegetable Soup)
- Croque Monsieur (Grilled Ham Cheese)
- Macarons a l'ancienne (The Original Macarons)
- Poulet Roti (Classic Roast Chicken with Roasted Vegetables)
- Eclairs with Classic Vanilla Pastry Cream
- Steak Frites (Steak & Fries)
- Haricots Verts (French Green Beans)
- Creme Brûlée