Shun Classic Bread Knife
After a chef's knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they most can't live without is their bread knife. It's a crime to ruin a fresh loaf of bread by smashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. The wide, “low frequency” serrations on the Shun Classic Bread Knife are not only razor-sharp, but they do a much better job slicing any type of bread than a straight-edged knife. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan