Did you know that making your own ricotta cheese, is the easiest thing to do?
Yes, nothing more than boiled milk, salt and lemon juice to create curds and whey! In tonight’s hands-on class, we’ll show you how to easily make homemade ricotta cheese with locally produced milk, then we’ll transform the cheese into three uses. You’ll start off with creamy ricotta topping for crostini, then everyone will get into the fun learning to make homemade pasta dough. We’ll learn to shape and fill ravioli with the ricotta filling and serve it up with a buttery, sage sauce. We haven’t forgotten dessert – think ice cream made with ricotta and a tangy raspberry sauce.
MENU: Homemade Ricotta Cheese, Roasted Garlic Ricotta on Crostini, Homemade Pasta, Ravioli with Zucchini-Ricotta Filling with Butter Sage Sauce, Ricotta Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce
Meet The Instructors: Donna-Marie Pye & Maria Burjoski
What To Expect In Our Hand-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes – it’s about techniques. In our classes, you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment lead by our qualified instructors.
- Classes are for students 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will often work with other guests in groups of 2 to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You’ll be standing, working and cooking for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed toed shoes and have long-hair tied back
- You’ll enjoy a generous portion of each dish
- You’ll receive 1 Relish point on your Preferred Customer Card plus 15% discount on regular priced retail merchandise the night of the class.