Don't spend your PD Day in front of the television - come join us for a few hours in our kitchen and learn to make your own lunch in our complete hands-on cooking class. Our PD Day cooking classes run from 9 am - 12 pm and are designed for kids 8-12. Learn important cooking skills that will last you a lifetime - 'cause you always gotta eat! We'll start with basic knife skills then you'll move to your cooking station in teams of 4 to cook your own meal - including dessert. (We are sorry, but we do not offer early or late drop-offs.)
MENU: Classic Italian Meatballs in Sugo (Sauce), Brutti ma Buoni (Chocolate Meringue Kiss Cookies)
INSTRUCTOR: Donna-Marie Pye/Lynne Barna
What To Expect in our Hands-On Kids classes: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are 3 hours, unless otherwise noted
- You will work with other students in groups up to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
RELISH recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with us before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.