In tonight’s class, we delve into the world of Italian cooking. First we’ll serve you up a quick tomato appetizer that is always a winning favourite. Then everyone will get into the fun of learning how to make risotto, the classic rice dish from Northern Italy. Everyone will prepare two fall-inspired risotto dishes plus practise knife skills along the way. Learn how to make a simple Italian vinaigrette for a tasty salad. We finish the evening off with the simplest of desserts – a deconstructed cannoli dessert that's always a winner.
MENU: Bruschetta, Butternut Squash, Kale and Pancetta Risotto (can be adapted for vegetarians), Mushroom & Leek Risotto, De-Constructed Cannoli
INSTRUCTOR: Donna-Marie Pye, P.H.Ec
What To Expect in our Hands-On classes: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are 3 hours, unless otherwise noted
- You will work with other students in groups up to 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive 15% off in-store purchases the day of class
RELISH recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with us before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.