Biting into a buttery, crisp croissant – ahhh pure heaven! Now you can learn to make them yourself at home.
You’ll begin by learning how to make laminated dough – the basic pastry of croissants. From mixing, proofing to learning to “lock” in the butter, you and your classmates will all work on preparing a block of laminated dough. You will then learn how to shape and fill sweet and savoury croissants. After sampling croissants baked fresh from the oven, you will take away 6 of your own plus a block of croissant dough to proof and prepare yourself at home. (Please note, this is NOT a gluten-free class and accommodations cannot be made.)
MENU: Basic Croissant Dough, French Croissants, Smoked Turkey & Cheddar Croissant, Pain au Chocolat
Instructor: Donna-Marie Pye
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 15% off in-store purchases the day of class
Relish recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please let us know before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.