A great cook knows the importance of mastering the most useful tool in the kitchen – the knife.
Become acquainted and adept with the most important of chef’s tools, and your time in the kitchen will be transformed. In this hands-on class, you’ll hone basic knife skills and practice the fundamental cuts – mince, dice, brunoise, bâtonnet and julienne. Plus, our instructor will teach you a few advanced techniques and offer tips for keeping all your knives maintained and sharp. You’ll use these knife skills every time you cook, so if you only take one cooking class, this should be it. Everyone attending will take home a Wusthof 8" Cooks Knife (Retail Value $205.00). Or you have the option of attending the class without knife.
MENU: Minestrone Soup, Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Tropical Fruit Salad
What To Expect In Our Hands-On Classes: Great cooking isn’t about recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional instructors.
- Classes are for participants 16 years and older and are 3 hours in length
- You will work with others in groups
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 participants
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish