Have you been going a little "stir-crazy" at home? We are too and we miss all our wonderful kitchen friends. We have been working closely with Region of Waterloo Public Health to develop new safety guidelines and protocols to safely welcome you back to our kitchen studio space.
Starting September 2020, here's what we will be doing to safely resume our cooking classes.
- Reduced Class Size: We have limited class sizes to maintain 6 feet (2m) between guests. Where we can't maintain the distance, we have erected plexiglass partitions between guests.
- Class Style: At this time, we will ONLY be offering our Demonstration-Style or "sit-back-and-enjoy" cooking classes as we like to say. This means you get to watch as we cook for you. There is plenty of opportunity to ask questions and talk with the instructor. (Plus, there is more to eat in this style of class, but you didn't hear that from us.)
- Health Screening: Upon arrival each guest will be asked health screening questions. Guests must provide their email and telephone number when booking their seat.
- Masks: Each instructor and employees will wear masks. Our instructor will be cooking behind a plexiglass partition, but our overhead camera and television screen will be on for closer viewing. We also have disposable masks available if you do not have one. Masks may be removed for eating and drinking.
- Hand Sanitizer: Upon entering the studio, we ask you sanitize your hands. Each booked seat will also be equipped with a bottle of hand sanitizer to use for your safety. We continue to use food-safe sanitizer and public space sanitizer to sanitize any and all surfaces before, during and after class.
- Safe Social Distancing: We've rearranged our space to provide safe social distancing while dining and shopping. When booking your seat, you must book a single seat (for 1) or double (for 2). Guests will be seated at their pre-booked space.
TOGETHER WE CAN BE SAFE
Our staff is committed to following the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We'll continue to follow all protocols set out by the Provincial Government of Ontario and Region of Waterloo Public Health Department pertaining to the prevention and spread of COVID-19. With your co-operation, we are confident you can discover your love for great food in a safe manner.