Add a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt for that salty-sweet caramel flavour combination that everyone seems to love.
- 4 to 6 freestone peaches (about 1 lb), halved and pitted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp whiskey, amber rum or bourbon, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- Maldon salt flakes, optional
- In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Set aside for 1 hour to draw out some of the peach juices.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sugar over medium heat. Add peach mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. If using whiskey, add to the skillet and cook until reduced, about 1 minute.Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle each peach with a few Maldon salt flakes if desired