Cleanse? This can't be on the menu can it? This delicious salad in a spaghetti "bowl" in absolutely delicious. I think it's the Avocado Crema that totally takes it to the next level so don't leave it out. If you can find salsa verde (where you buy regular salsa), just mash avocado with lime juice and salt and serve it on the side.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced and roughly chopped into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (white & green parts)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400° Rub halved squash all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, cut side down and roast for 40 to 60 minutes until flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
- Black Bean Slaw: In a bowl, combine cabbage, black beans, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt; toss together and allow mixture to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Avocado Salsa: In a bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Add salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice and garlic; stir until smooth.
- To assemble: Use a fork to “fluff” up the flesh of the squash. Divide the slaw into each half of the squash bowls and add a big dollop of avocado salsa. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro if desired.