These mini grilled cheese sandwiches made with aged cheddar and spread of your choice make a delicious easy summer appetizer or meal with a salad on the side.
- 1 French baguette
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam*, Mango Chutney* or Loco Lizardos Cranberry Cabernet or Red Pepper Jelly*
- Aged Cheddar cheese
- Baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Optional: Granny Smith apple, fresh peach or pear slices
- Heat non-stick skillet or Panini maker.
- Slice French baguette on the diagonal and brush one side with olive oil.
- Slice Cheddar cheese into small slices around the same size as the bread. Add arugula and sliced fruit on top of cheese if using.
- Spread jam, chutney or jelly on other side of the bread and press together to make a sandwich. Brush second side of bread lightly with olive oil.
- Grill over medium-low heat, turning once until lightly golden and cheese is melted and oozing.