The summer season is now officially wrapped up, and we begin to transition to autumn. It's a time of thanks and celebration with family and friends. Today we share with you our recipe for Pumpkin-Ginger Cheesecake. We often use gluten-free gingersnap cookies to make this crust when our celiac family member is at the table and decided we liked it so much we make it that way all the time now. Vanilla bean paste is an extract flecked with the seeds from the vanilla bean pod. It’s a hot seller on our store shelves, especially during baking season! And for a final finish we add a drizzle of Dulce de Leche sauce (another Relish favourite). Serve it at the holiday dinner party and be the star of the day.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free gingersnap cookies crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pure pumpkin puree
- 3 pkg (227 g EACH) cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp Neilson-Massey vanilla bean paste*
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ½ tbsp bourbon or other liqueur, optional
- Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce, optional*
- In a food processor, combine cookies until crushed. Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl; stir to combine then press into a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- Place a layer of paper towel on a baking sheet and place pumpkin onto paper towel, then cover with another layer of paper towel; let stand for 5 minutes to absorb excess moisture. Once drained, combine pumpkin and sour cream together; set aside.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and pumpkin pie spice, blend until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Add vanilla paste and salt. Add pumpkin/sour cream mixture and bourbon, if using and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 60 – 75 minutes until the edges are firm and the centre of the cheesecake is slightly jiggly.
- Transfer to a rack and cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Drizzle top with Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche sauce before serving (if using).
Makes 12 to 14 servings
RELISH Recommendations For This Recipe: