Christmas is right around the corner and its also the time for our 9th Annual Holiday Open House on Saturday November 23. We are open from 10 - 5 and the store is decorated in the beautiful colours for the season. Of course the Relish kitchen will have lots of delicious treats for you to sample. We are always looking for ways to make your holiday entertaining easier, so we have chosen few recipes to get you through the season with the minimum of fuss possible. From brunch to savoury starters, we have all the quick answers you need, plus the "helping-hand" products and tools to make your meals hassle-free. All *products are available our store shelves.
HAZELNUT-APRICOT BREAKFAST BREAD PUDDING
- 18 mini croissants
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup Crema Alle Nocciole (Sicily Hazelnut Cream)*
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk or 10% cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tbsp water
- Cut croissants in half lengthwise, but not all the way through. Spread one side with apricot jam and the other with the Creme Alle Nocciole. Arrange in a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish in three slightly angled rows.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar until blended. Whisk in milk and vanilla and pour over croissants. Press gently with a spatula to immerse croissants in liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile combine remaining 1 cup apricot jam with water, stirring to combine. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Uncover baking dish and press croissants once more to immerse in liquid. Bake about 30 minutes until puffed and a knife inserted into the custard between two croissants comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Gently heat jam and water together to form a sauce. Serve with bread pudding.
CHUTNEY PINECONE CHEESE BALL
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Mrs. Bridges Chutney For Cheese or Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney * or any other chutney of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix together the cream cheese, chutney, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in the shredded cheeses and place the mixture in the middle of a serving plate.
- Using an offset knife, spread the mixture into a tear-drop shape, rounding the bottom and moving towards a point at the top. Press pecans onto the outside edge of the pinecone cheese. Decorate bottom edge with sprigs of rosemary.
SWEET POTATO APPETIZER ROUNDS
- 2 sweet potatoes, as narrow as you can find them, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 - 1/4 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup candied pecans
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchens * assorted savoury jam or chutney or Backyard Honey Company Flavoured Honey * of your choice
- Basil or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, orange zest, salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the potatoes. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cook time, until they are golden.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top each with goat cheese any savoury jam, chutney or honey of your choice. Garnish with parsley or basil. Serve immediately.
** All products listed with an * are available at Relish Cooking Studio